Wednesday 3 October 2012

A thought worth your time to contemplate

"Allah, indeed, has some purpose for our son. That realization doesn’t cure autism, but it sure helps me help my son to fight it. Allah inspires me, and He has graciously given me this great kid for inspiration as well."

A050 `
Say: "If I am astray, I only stray to the loss of my own soul: but if I receive guidance, it is because of the inspiration of my Lord to me: it is He Who hears all things, and is (ever) near."


This is such an inspiring story from our sister in Islam who had a son diagnosed with Autism. I can totally relate to her story because I knew someone in my family who has Autism as well. With such a great spirit and faith, she's still fighting for her innocent son. I just wish that every mother with an Autistic child would have the same thought like she did. Never give up, because Allah is always gonna be there for you.


2:155

And We will surely test you with something of fear and hunger and a loss of wealth and lives and fruits, but give good tidings to those who patiently persevere,

You can read the full story here.


  Like what you may have read (I think most of did) in the previous post, the treatments are recommended as part of the intervention to help Autistic children. There are Applied behavior analysis (ABA), Occupational therapy, Physical therapy and Speech-language therapy.
I was wondering on how it's possible to insert some Islamic values in dealing with Autism. Then it got me thinking that the message of Quran might help them in so many ways!
My thought was, why not read  the Quran as part of their routine. It's possible in a way that they will continuously ask or even expect the routine (reading the Quran) to be repeated in future.
 This is just a suggestion though. InshaAllah if there's a will, there's a way.

2:45
Nay, seek (Allah's) help with patient perseverance and prayer: it is indeed hard, except to those who bring a lowly spirit (to Allah)

1 comment:

  1. salam. I also think that inserting islamic values in dealing with autism is a great idea! i mean the quran will help them understand all kinds of things than just giving them behaviour therapies without them understanding the point .Allah will help them best.

    ReplyDelete